Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4762 - 05/29/07 08:00 PM I'm Back!
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Hey Guys!

Sorry it's been a while. Lot of stuff was going on and work has been a pain.

If you guys remembered, I canceled my turbo kit and I'm really glad I did.

And just a few days ago, a shiney new 2.5" DP w/ cat and a stainless P-log arrived in the mail!

I can really feel the power on the top end and the louder exhuast is deffinately a plus.

I'm thinkin about doing either a lumpy cam or some 1.9 rockers but other than that, I think I'm done modding my GP for a while.

And I just want to let everybody know when installing parts;

METAL GASKETS ARE SHARP!

When trying to bolt my U-bend delete to the stock cat-back system, I sliced my right index finger from the tip halfway to the joint about 1/8" deep and it bled like crazy. There is a blood trail all around my shop from running around to wash it and get bandages.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#4763 - 05/29/07 09:52 PM Re: I'm Back!
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
how much did the 2.5" D/P w/ a cat and P log cost???

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#4764 - 05/29/07 10:01 PM Re: I'm Back!
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
what happen with the turbo?? what turned u away from it?
#4765 - 05/29/07 11:54 PM Re: I'm Back!
lonezergling Offline
The Stainless P-log and 2.5" DP ran me like $360 w/ shipping.

I canceled the turbo because my fiance` and I ran into a really rough spot and now we are looking at moving into an apartment so she can be closer to work and stuff.

But other than that, $4000 is a lot of money, espically when you were saving it for college that starts in 3(?) months.

I decided I'd stay N/A for a while, do a little bit here and there when I had some spare cash and time and then when I'm in my 40's and swimming in cash [still figuring out how to get that much money legally wink ] I'll bring my baby back out and start working on her again.

I wanna keep that car for the rest of my life, or as much as possible. Something breaks, replace it with a better aftermarket part.

But for right now, I'm done with mods. I might do a cam or rockers to get my "mod bug" fix and my struts are starting to go so those will need to be done soon, but other than that, it's time to just drive.

I hope in the future I'll be able to turbo my GP but for right now, it's just not going to happen. Some things are more important and remember guys, family comes first.

You can tell yourself elsewise all you want but a car is nothing but transportation if you don't have someone close to be proud of you for it.

"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#4766 - 05/30/07 01:39 AM Re: I'm Back!
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
But other than that, $4000 is a lot of money, espically when you were saving it for college that starts in 3(?) months.
Besides, can't you get just as much power for less money from other mods? Not just one, but...
#4767 - 05/30/07 09:25 AM Re: I'm Back!
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
The turbo has huge potential. If you intend to push the GP, the turbo is your power adder of choice, not a blower. One guy was running a M112 on ClubGP and said his blower was sucking upwards 100hp from the crank to boost the engine. He switched to a turbo and put that power to use.
#4768 - 05/30/07 09:27 AM Re: I'm Back!
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Quote:
[b] But other than that, $4000 is a lot of money, espically when you were saving it for college that starts in 3(?) months.
Besides, can't you get just as much power for less money from other mods? Not just one, but... [/b]
no, not really.
maybe a junkyard top-swap with cams and headers would be close.
#4769 - 05/30/07 09:28 AM Re: I'm Back!
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Thats too bad about cancelling, zergling, but do what you gotta do. Good luck with everything.
#4770 - 05/30/07 10:02 AM Re: I'm Back!
GTPJesse Offline
Loc: Wis
welcome back! still wanna do some sort of meet?

and sorry to here about the finger! hope everything alright
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

Mods to come= 3" DP, and others........haven't thought about it
#4771 - 05/30/07 10:06 AM Re: I'm Back!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Quote:
[b] But other than that, $4000 is a lot of money, espically when you were saving it for college that starts in 3(?) months.
Besides, can't you get just as much power for less money from other mods? Not just one, but... [/b]
dont start this again.

Really the turbo has the biggest potential for anything in the 3800 market.
#4772 - 05/30/07 01:02 PM Re: I'm Back!
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I wasn't starting anything, I was asking a simple question. Back off.

I was just saying, $4k is a lot of money. I was asking if for that much, you can buy several mods and get the same amount of power. All it required was a simple yes or no, not a jack*** comment.
#4773 - 05/30/07 09:29 PM Re: I'm Back!
lonezergling Offline
Cmon guys, we are all brothers here.

I get enough instablility from my divorced parents, I don't need any of it here lol!

Got a quick question though. I've got some Champion 401 plugs, what should I gap them to w/ the 180* t-stat?

#4774 - 05/31/07 04:21 AM Re: I'm Back!
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
4k is a lot of money to throw at a mod at one time and yes you could get similar results (hp wise ) with several other mods eg: top swap cam & headers and you could do it for less money but ultimately the turbo kit has more potential so depending what direction you want to go and your time constraints there are options,myself I like the idea of the whipple sc but it has yet to prove itself also the dual charged sytem has merits S/C & Turbo something I'm looking into so ease up guys everyone has opinions .Chico.
#4775 - 05/31/07 08:18 PM Re: I'm Back!
lonezergling Offline
VW made a S/C and Turbo engine. Read it in Popular Science a while ago.

google VW twin-charge or something like that.

And I just got back from changing my plugs...

I am never doing that again.

my wrists and arms are all scratched up from reachin around in there.

#4776 - 06/01/07 01:33 AM Re: I'm Back!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Headers make it easier!! laugh

But it still sucks getting in there!
#4777 - 06/01/07 08:51 AM Re: I'm Back!
20gtp02 Offline
Welcome to working on the 3800! I got huge hands and I just feel around. After doing it a few times, its real easy to get around in the back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >