- Problem Abstract: CD Player Randomly not ejecting properly.
- Reported By: Randy & Dana Braughton (youandmercool@yahoo)
- Year: 1997
- Model: GTP
- Mileage: 34,000
- Applicable Options: WAITING & WAITING & WAITING & WAITING & WAITING & WAITING & WAITING
- Solution: To remove my stereo, send it to factory for repair. All the while, I am without noise, other than the many whistles, roars, and groans the car produces on its on!
- Cost: 0
- Other: I reported this problem to my dealer 3+ months ago. The service dept. said they would be required to take out my radio, send it in for repairs, then they would get it back. This shouldn't take any longer than 3 or 4 weeks!!! Hello??? And why can't they replace it? The answer: "We can, BUT, we will have to take out your radio, send it in, and when Pontiac receives yours they will send us a new one. I refused to go for that long without tunes, so they claim they have been on the net looking for me a loaner or a new one floating around out there. You should notice the date I am adding this. As of today, they have not been able to get their hands on a single radio.
Pontiac's stereo repair policy is lacks good judgement in keeping a customer happy and coming back. (If this really is the policy. I will not buy a car from my current dealer ever again!!!)
Has anyone heard of this policy? Had this problem?
- Date Entered: 9/23/1998 at 23:34:40 CST