- Problem Abstract: Electrical System shuts down for 1 second randomly
- Reported By: Chris Craig (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Year: 1997
- Model: GTP
- Applicable Options: All except leather/climate control/ and CD changer
- Solution: Dealer has replaced the BCM module once. This appeared to solve the problem at first.
However, it has since returned, but with different side effects (too lengthy to explain).
- Cost: warranty
- Other: This is very hard to reproduce. Only been reproduced for dealer by instructing them to leave driver's side door open while
running the audio system at a higher volume for a period of 5-10 minutes or so. However, the problem has caused a one second
shutdown of my vehicle on the highway. Also, immediately after starting, on occasion, all electrical systems will appear to "glitch"
for a period of less than a second. This is not normal.