- Problem Abstract: Followup: Fuel Pump Not Working
- Reported By: R. Chris Morin (email@example.com)
- Year: 1997
- Model: GTP
- Applicable Options: All except Child Seat, Rear Window Antenna Delete.
- Solution: After four failures, twice leaving me stranded, the dealer
with the help of the Pontiac Tech Center found a cut
in the wiring harness that runs behind the battery down
to the fuel pump resistor, which was causing excessive
draw and intermittent short.
Harness and resistor replaced!
Keeping my fingers crossed!!
P.S. Tech Center claims this problem has been found
in other cars and thats how they knew what it was!
Be forewarned, carry spare fuses, and memorize
- Cost: N/C
- Other: With this one under the bridge i can now move onto the leaking
power steering rack, oil pan, non-working rear drivers side
power window, and faulty windshield washer level switch.
I just love the feel of owning a new car!!!
- Date Entered: 12/30/1997 at 16:08:14 CST